Thursday, May 21, 2009

I stopped writing in this blog because I wasn't having fun doing it, I was too worried about making it seem like real writing...well, now I'm bored, so I'm starting again, and I don't give a shit about how retarded I sound. I'm going to go as far back as I can remember, which isn't very far.

I saw Disney's Earth in a Harkins Theater in Chino Hills this past Monday. I had never heard of Harkins Theaters before. It was the first time in a while that I'd been to the movies on a weekday morning, and it was nice. The only downside was that I was all psyched that I would have the theater all to myself, but about halfway through the trailers some old decrepit guy came in. And sat in the same row I was sitting in. In an otherwise completely empty theater. But it was ok, he left about 25 minutes before the film ended. I originally didn't want to see this movie (I wanted to see Obssessed, but the timing was wrong), I was worried it would be kind of boring. And I did fall asleep in the middle of it (and subsequently had some really terrifying dreams about animal attacks) but it wasn't because I was bored, it was more because I had gotten about 8 hours of sleep in the last two days. But it was full of baby animals, how could I not love it? The scene of baby ducks jumping out of a tree plays on our love of baby animals by showing about 80 ducklings (ok, more like 10) jumping one by one, and sometimes in slow motion, but really I could have watched that all day. It was adorable. Spoiler alert! some animals die, but I guess that's how it goes. So, out of 4 stars, this movie gets **1/2, because it is adorable and awesome, but the narration gets a little preachy at some points. Also, it will give you nightmares.

Before Earth, I saw Star Trek.

I'm not going to say much about this movie...it was pretty awesome. I saw it in Sacramento on the second Friday night it was out. The audience was a mix of Trekker nerds and teenagers playing with their cell phones. So yeah, everybody liked it and so did I. Three stars.

No comments: